Hola Foghorn readers,
I decided to continue my bbeautyyy blog about beauty and style this semester. Today I am incorporating two separate lists with food and beauty products that changed my life!
These five foods will nourish your skin from the outside in!
- avocado- moisturizer
- cucumber- moisturizer
- oatmeal- exfoliant and moisturizer
- peach- exfoliant
- strawberry- exfoliant
Beauty products that make my life easier!
- Clinical strength deodorant -Ex: Secret clinical strength deodorant
- Deodorant remover sponges- Ex: The original Gal Pal garment deodorant remover
- sulfate free shampoo – Tigi’s Bedhead Superstar sulfate free shampoo
- multi- blade razors- Gillette Venus Bikini razor, trimmer, lotion kit
- eyebrow planers- these little shapers are usually included in eyebrow kits
- shower depilatories- Nair Shower Power Max
- gradual self tanning lotion- My Fave: Banana Boat Self tanning lotion in deep bronze
- sonic facial cleansers- Olay professional Pro X advanced cleansing system
I’m always looking for the household remedies that will save me a dime and that can be used for universal purposes. Luckily after reading a wide variety of articles , I came up with the perfect list:
- Eyebrow brush- Can be used as a lint remover
- dryer sheets- can be used to tame fly aways
- unused stockings- can be alternate for a chic see through shrug or cardigan or shawl.
- shimmer eye shadow – depending on hair color this can be used to cover up those roots that are in dying need of a colorist.
- toothpaste – yellow nails? scrub this stuff on your nails to remove stains and add shine. Read More
Women, ladies, girls , females and sisters , we all have a reputation to protect and that reputation is our skin! Whether we cover it up with make-up or gunk on the that thick avocado mask, we put something on our face. I believe we should treat our face like a canvas and act like an artist when applying any kind of facial product (foundation, mask, cleanser,and etc.) That means have fun with it! So if your an artist , you need to make sure you act like it too! Don’t hesitate to try something new or different, because this season different is in!
Here are a Few Beauty Trends For Spring 2011
- 60′s inspired Cat eyes — (Example :Amy Winehouse,Kreyshawn)
- Statement hair-color-(Example:Katy Perry’s California girl wig)
- red lipstick- wear the red lipstick that matches your skin hue best.
- bangs- make sure the cut is suitable to your face shape.
- artsy - decals- these fun shapes can be applied anywhere you feel is necessary but the trend is sticking to eyes and brows.
- retro hair- have fun with your hair get inspired from another decade (Example: 50′s, 60′s ,70′s and 80′s )
- pixie cuts- (Example: Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan)
- silvery eye make-up- apply as much as you want
- sun-kissed skin- whether its fake n baking or sitting out in the sun with your favorite . spf
- strong eyebrows – brows with definition , not those chola penciled in confections
Whether its Apple Bottoms or Miss Me‘s , jeans have been trendsetting their way into fashion. You can find all patterns and accents to compliment your rear area , but personally I think I have a harder time finding the right fit that accentuates my best feature lol Well i hope it is. So here are some essential tips and fits that helped me make the jean finding game a lot easier.
Pear Shaped Body- choose a low-rise , flat-front boot cut pant . *buy to fit your hips! Remember, the waist line can be taken in by your b.f.f.(a tailor) so don’t worry if its a size bigger , that does not mean you gained weight , you just got a bigger butt than you thought.
Curvy Body- On the hips make sure your jean has a flat -front with subtle flarred cuffs, only if your proportioned and tallish, if not a straight leg or subtle boot cut is fine. But, make sure the jean is not tapered or flarred.
*please stay away from pleated patterns or ankle tappered pants it doesn’t flatter the body as much as you think. Read More
What to Wear UNDER THERE..
I know its a sensitive subject, but we all need to know what’s essential and what’s not. So listen up ladies for a list of nesscessities.
- Low-rise brief- it should hug right under your butt for a smooth line under clothes
- Low-rise thong- some thongs are very uncomfortable , so shop around and find the best fit for you.
- S.L.S (sexy little something)- match these to your S.L.B.
- Plus other favs- boyshorts, black sheer pantyhose, and a silky half/ slip Read More