Rage room offers more than just chance to break stuff

A new entertainment service in Corpus Christi offers residents, including frustrated college students, a chance to unleash their anger. Act Your Rage, Corpus Christi’s newest rage room, opened on Aug. 18, just in time for the fall semester. Students could be experiencing a variety of issues such as pent-up anger, relationship issues, or major life changes. Rage rooms give students a chance to safely channel their anger out on objects. Act Your Rage not only offers two rage spaces, but also axe throwing, a mechanical bull and more. “We also offer video games, board games, table games, and ping pong,”…

Art Walk turns its focus to live music

Visitors to September’s Art Walk noticed a big change in how the monthly festival looked — and sounded. Traditionally dubbed Art Walk, September’s installation, called Music Walk, saw an emphasis on live music. The change went over well with some patrons. “Despite the weather, it was really enjoyable,” attendee Mia Galvan said. “Especially because this month was more music-based so there was live music everywhere.” Fellow attendee David Leonard agreed. “There was more music,” Leonard said. “And that’s good.” However, it seems that the local businesses took a backseat to give the music center stage. “There wasn’t really much this…

Spooky vendors at Wild Wolf event

Wild Wolf shop owner Anthony Rivas hosted a Summer-ween event for horror lovers who celebrate Halloween all year-round on Aug. 19. “We believe Corpus needs more events. There isn’t much to do here,” Rivas said. “We started a trial event in September of last year for our Grand Opening to let people know our location. This year we’re trying to bring more of the community with local horror vendors kind of like the Farmers Market but for horror fans.” With the amount of positive feedback from last year, Rivas decided to stretch out the event before Halloween in October. “We…

Weird Corpus brings cool vibes to city

Former Del Mar student Kiya Vance performed in the first ever Rooftop Concert on Aug. 17 at the Art Museum of South Texas during their monthly Weird Corpus Papercut Zine Fest. The festival, hosted by Ema Rodriguez, creator of Weird Corpus, was sponsored by Kleberg Bank. “Weird Corpus is a mini event compared to our Papercut Zine Fest,” Rodriguez said. “I chose Weird Corpus because the things I desired to see or events I wanted to create, the response I always got was, that sounds ‘weird.’ I wanted to throw Zine Fest, again people thought that was ‘weird.’ So, I…

Local Miracle League organization seeks volunteers

While volunteering can look great on a résumé, it also gives you the opportunity to become aware of small organizations that may need your help. One organization, The Miracle League of Corpus Christi, is looking for volunteers to help set up events but to also show support for the players. The Miracle League is a nonprofit organization with a goal to provide a safe and fun environment for those with physical and mental disabilities to play baseball. The organization is nationwide, but the division in Corpus Christi provides more than just their players to have fun in baseball, they also…